Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Zoya True 2012 Spring Collection

Hi everyone, I hope y'all are having a great day :D Today, I have Zoya's 2012 True Spring Collection. I'm not going to say a lot. Just straight to the pics. All pics are with SV BC, 2 coats, and topped With Essie Good 2 go TC. I'm taking Zoya's description then adding my thoughts :D I'll swatch these with the Fleck Effect Mylar Glazes sometime next week. I know, that's long time but I have a lot going on this week. Have a great day ladies.

"Cho is an opaque yellow-toned light soft peachy beige with a hint of ultra fine silver shimmer. A light, creamy nude especially nice for skin tones with olive or yellow undertones." When I put this on I like hmmm....I think I have a skin tone with blue undertones, I may be wrong I haven't checked. Anyway, I can see myself stamping with this for Valentine's Day.  Formula wise, it went on a bit patchy but leveled out quite nicely with the 2nd coat.

 "Farah is an opaque light khaki-beige with subtle sandy, greenish undertones and a cream finish.  An always appropriate neutral to add to your polish wardrobe." Very work appropriate. I'm just not a fan of nudes. For me, I'd probably stamp over it, to give it some life or  stamp with it.  Formula wise, it went on a bit patchy but leveled out quite nicely with the 2nd coat.

"Bevin is a dusty, medium sage green with teal tones and a creamy opaque finish.  A stylish and unique shade for when you want something different from the usual mint green." I think Bevin is a color for those who want color, but not too much color.   Formula wise, it went on a bit patchy but leveled out quite nicely with the 2nd coat. Do you see the pattern with the application for these cremes? 

 "Skylar is a medium steel blue with a softened, dusty look and speckled by visible gold and silver shimmer flecks.  A soft blue that's bold without being too dark, bright or flashy." OMG!!! I love Skylar,  This my fav of the collection. The formula is awesome, it applied like butter.. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

"Lotus is a very soft, dusty blue-toned amethyst purple with colorful shimmer that reflects pink, red and gold.  A dreamy smoky shade for purple lovers that looks both soft and luminous."  Very lovely color. Formula wise, it was a bit thinner than Skylar, but still very easy to work with. I didn't have patchy problems like did with the cremes. 

"Tru is A saturated, red-toned grape purple with speckled shimmer that reflects gold, orange and red.  Bold and saturated warm color made even more interesting with color-shifting shimmer."  Very nice.  Formula wise, it was dream to apply. 

My final thoughts: The cremes went on a bit patchy, but nothing that didn't level out. The shimmers were just heaven to apply. All are work appropriate and can be worn with so many different outfits. Very spring-y and something for everyone.  

9 comments:

  1. I need to buy this collection is so pretty. I'm loving your pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS! @___@ Why is Zoya so awesome?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second that AiQing.. Why IS Zoya SO awesome?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bevin and Sklyar, I need you in my life!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's something for everyone in this collection :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore this collection! My favourite sorts of colours! I just wish Zoya wasn't so difficult for me to get! Thanks for the awesome swatches Minnie!

    ReplyDelete