Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Passion Fruit

Hi ladies, It's Pink Wednesday :D Before I get stated, this is going to be a lengthy post. If you want to skip straight to the pics, now is the time.

Today, I have Orly Passion Fruit. Ok, in the store the bottle looked like a hot pink (to me anyway) I was like, "Okay, I can do this hot pink." Then, I get home and I'm like, "This is an orange-pink neon creme." So, I'm like, "Whatever, just do it!" The formula is super thin, which surprised me and is somewhat sheer. I used 3 coats (probably could've used one more) and topped with Out The Door TC. I'm so torn about this color. I like it and I don't like it. I like it because it has orange in it and next to red, oranges/corals are my fav nail color. I don't like it because it's pink and the tip may look a different color if your nails are long. I think I have a complex about pink nail polish, because I actually love the color pink. I will say this, you can see me coming a mile away! HAHA About the pics. They were all taken in a 10 minute time frame. The sun was out and with the same setting, but they each look like a different color. It blew my mind, I was like,"Whoa."

Last week, I was on FaceBook, (because we all know I'm addicted to social media.) LOL Anyway, my FB friend Eric Bonner shared something last Pink Wednesday, I'm going to share with you all today. Eric is such a sweetheart. I often refer to him as Enrique, because when I least expect it he'll post the funniest things, so unlike the quiet, smooth, easy going Eric I know. One of the many great things about Eric, he takes care of his hands and get manicures regularly (buffed only) and if he doesn't I sure do remind him! LOL Sorry Eric, I couldn't resist ;)  I enjoy reading his posts he's a great guy. Oh, ladies he's single too!

I wear pink! 
For the millions of people who lost their battle with cancer, but the war goes on.
I wear pink! 
Because of the millions of people who fight to survive everyday with an illnesses with no cure.
I wear pink! 
For the thousands of people who fought this crippling disease and won. Because of your strength we continue to fight.
I wear pink!
For the family and friends of loved ones who took charge and cared for their loved ones when no one else would or could.
I wear pink!
For my grandfather who lost his battle with stomach cancer, but he fought the disease until the day he died.
I wear pink!
For my 9 year old cousin who just had surgery yesterday to be cured of a disease with no cure.
I wear pink!
Because it's a symbol of strength, courage and perseverance.
I wear pink!
Because I have faith in almighty GOD!
I wear pink!
For a Cure!



Thanks Eric for sharing and spreading the awareness. You are true Warrior in Pink. Have a great day everyone.







3 comments:

  1. That was a great poem! Nice polish ;0).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first two pictures make it look really bright but the last one isn't. Hmm, which one would you say is truer to the actual colour?

    Also, Eric's poem is really sweet- thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 2nd pic is the truest color. A lady at school said, "Wow that's bright!" lol

    ReplyDelete